Being able to access the Internet from different locations — the library, a computer lab at school, an Internet cafe — is a great convenience, but it can also pose a security risk to personal information. If you do access the Internet from a shared computer, here are a few things you need to remember.
- Don’t check the “remember my password” box.
- When you’re done, make sure you log off completely by clicking the “log off” button before you walk away.
- If possible, clear the browser cache and history.
- Never leave the computer unattended while you’re logged in.
- Trash all documents you used, and empty the recycle bin.